There are many reasons to join Canada’s magazine association. Here are the top 10.
1. Sell more magazines: Get premium placement in retail and benefit from coordinated advertising and social media campaigns that produce measurable sales results. Cooperative marketing campaigns leverage the collective value of Magazines Canada’s members to reach more Canadians than any individual publisher could.
2. Sell more ads: We keep you current on advertising trends so you can stay ahead of the curve. We arm you with valuable market intelligence that can help you overcome advertiser objections. Plus, we take our message directly to media buyers, showing them why magazine advertising is a critical piece of any media plan.
3. Be heard by government: Magazines Canada works hard on your behalf to advocate for magazines to all levels of government and sustain the $80 million a year in funding commitments for the sector. We keep our members in the loop when new government policies or legislation will affect the magazine sector.
4. Learn for less: Our professional development and training services help you and your staff do your jobs better. With on-demand options like our quick advice Hotsheets, Webinars and AudioMag podcasts to live events (MagNet, Business Media Leadership Summit, Arts & Literary Magazine Summit), and the unique and popular Travelling Consultants Program, you’ll have 24-7 access to expert advice from leaders in magazine media. All of these are either exclusive or heavily discounted to members.
5. Reach a wider audience online: Our consumer-facing website Canada’s Magazine Store lists all of our members with print and digital subscription links. Canadians love its fun and useful features like magazine personality quiz and store locator map.
6. Distribute to stores across Canada: Our not-for-profit retail distribution service reaches more than 200 stores, including Chapters and Indigo.
7. Take advantage of exclusive perks: Like 15% off Canadian Circuit press releases with Marketwired, part of Nasdaq, 20% off digital services from MediaWire, and discounted access to Blanchard’s AdDirect ad preflight portal.
8. Connect with your peers at Magazines Canada events, like industry awards and the massive annual conference, MagNet.
9. Stay on top of the industry news that matters to you: As a member, you’ll receive regular updates through our member newsletter, and our website will prioritize news and information that is most relevant to your magazine, whether it’s a major consumer title, a niche B2B magazine, a literary journal or any other title, in either French or English.
10. Make your professional life easier: As your professional association, this is our mission and we put you in the driver’s seat. Tell us what you need, or get more involved by joining one of our member committees.
For more information, explore this website or contact Membership Development Manager, Evan Dickson at edickson[at]magazinescanada.ca or 416.504.0274 x238.