Bring Genuine Canadian Magazines to Life with the Canadian Magazine Moment Campaign
Get Lost in the Pages of a Magazine
Magazines Canada is creating a NEW national industry campaign to reach all Canadians who love magazines, and we need your help! The Canadian Magazine Moment Campaign will bring together publishers, retailers, distributors and wholesalers to promote Canadian magazines—we invite you to join us in this national effort.
Building on the success of previous campaigns, the Canadian Magazine Moment campaign will take a mass-media market approach with #MagazineMoment mash-ups: three short new video stories, each an enchanting look at what happens when two people at the newsstand get lost in the pages of a magazine. As well as evoking that special magazine magic, the videos will drive consumers to retail outlets to purchase Canadian magazines.
As we set the campaign in motion, we encourage you to join in on the fun, and to help us achieve our campaign goal by coming together in support of our industry.
- Create a national, multi-media, cooperative campaign to promote magazines and retailers to generate more retail sales
- Focus consumer attention and buying dollars on Canadian magazines
- Heighten interest and activity in the industry
- Feature at least 140 participating magazine titles
- Work with 180 retail outlets and 4 major retail chains to promote the campaign
- Generate a 2% increase in retail sales over the previous year
- Generate 9 million impressions through PR, video views, advertising, social media & in-store promos
- Add 15 new retailers to the Magazines Canada distribution roster
- Three separate videos and multiple separate print ads showcase getting lost in a great Canadian magazine, and the mash up of interests in our diverse content
- Retail promotions: 4 campaigns between January 2017 and January 2018
- A robust national contest to engage new readers
- Print and online advertising, out of home and social media marketing efforts in support of newsstand campaigns
- A newsletter and blog highlighting participating title content
- Task force and research study into profitability of the magazine retail category
- A pilot project placing smaller circulation titles in travel lounges
We are looking for your contribution to help create awareness and bolster magazine sales across the country. This is a team project and your support is necessary for us all to succeed.
- Ad space
- Social mentions
- Corporate partnerships
Together, we can do it.
To participate in the Canadian Magazine Moment Campaign campaign initiative, please complete the Participation Agreement and return it by December 22, 2016.
To make your contribution, or for more details please contact Barbara Bates, email@example.com or call 416.504.0274 x229.
Magazines Canada’s 2016–17 Canadian Magazine Moment Campaign campaign acknowledges the financial support of the Government of Canada through the Canada Periodical Fund (CPF) of the Department of Canadian Heritage, and the Ontario Media Development Corporation.