2018 Pilot Program Application Process
Before completing your application, please review the pilot program guidelines to make sure that your magazine is eligible. The pilot is open to Ontario-based business-to-business magazines which are members in good standing of Magazines Canada.
Enrolment in the pilot is limited to 10 magazines, each hiring one paid intern for any four-month period between January and September 2018. Successful applicants will receive co-funding from Magazines Canada to cover 50% of the wages and statutory payroll related expenses for the paid internship period, to a maximum of $5,150.
Applications will be assessed on a “first come, first served basis” until pilot enrollment is full—we encourage you to submit your application as early as possible to secure a place in the pilot program and receive co-funding for a paid internship.
To apply for the paid internship initiative, applicants are asked to:
- Submit an application providing the names of the key contact person and intern mentor/supervisor;
- Briefly tell us:
- how you plan to advertise or promote the paid internship job posting to increase the number of potential candidates;
- what the intern will be doing and anticipated outcomes (please submit a brief intern work plan or job description—templates available at the following links: sample work plan; sample job description);
- the networking opportunities you’ll provide;
- your plans (if any) for post-internship retention
Applications will be evaluated on the magazine’s eligibility as well as the publisher’s ability to support the objectives of the paid internship initiative and meet the following criteria:
- Offer a fair and transparent recruitment, interview and hiring process.
- Demonstrate a clear role for the intern and a structure for supervision.
- Provide an enriched intern experience, including training, mentorship and networking opportunities.
The application period will remain open until the all co-funded internships have been allocated. We’ll notify applicants by email or phone as each application is evaluated.
2018 Pilot Program Application Form
If you have any questions or require more information, please contact: