MagNet is Canada’s premiere public policy, professional development and networking conference for magazine media professionals.
2019 MagNet Conference
MagNet returns April 24–25, 2019 to the Courtyard Toronto Downtown.
Developed to meet the industry’s growing needs for targeted, thought-provoking information and insightful, accessible and affordable learning, MagNet delivers a stellar line-up of sessions, workshops and keynote speakers featuring North America’s top magazine publishing leaders, thinkers and visionaries.
Registration is open for the 2019 conference! Register now at early bird rates, on until March 22.
Visit magnet.magazinescanada.ca and:
- Browse sessions by topic or date
- See featured sessions for business media or cultural & small mags
- Find out how to get here and get accommodation discounts
- Get more information on this year’s speakers
- Learn about the industry suppliers at our Marketplace in MagNet Square
- Find out how to become a volunteer
- And, of course, register!
Magazines Canada is offering rebates for MagNet expenses to members in good standing that have annual circulation under 25,000. We’ll cover 50% of your travel costs and 50% of your session fees. Rebates are limited, so visit magazinescanada.ca/program/skills-rebates to apply now!
2018 Conference Highlights
From April 25–26, nearly 500 registered delegates arrived at MagNet 2018 to connect, network and learn from our industry’s leaders and innovators. The Magazines Canada team was excited to host more than 24 sessions and keynotes, panel discussions, awards and events as part of the largest annual gathering of magazine media in Canada.
Many of the session slides are available on the MagNet site. Download presentations from Canada’s magazine conference, including:
- Ryan Dohrn’s sessions on “How to Get 10% More $$ from Every Advertiser” and “How to Turn Facebook’s Recent Changes into Big Ad Dollars”
- Natalie Milne’s session on “How to Tap into the Power of Influencers”
- Harold Boies’ session on “The Modernization of the Canada Periodical Fund”
- Linda Thomas Brooks’ session on “Magazine Media: Better. Believe It.”
- And many more!
Watch exclusive Q&As with MagNet speakers and attendees.
Join Canada’s Magazine Media at MagNet 2019
If you would like to be a sponsor for MagNet 2019, please contact:
Director, Member Services and Development
With thanks to our 2018 MagNet sponsors: