October 2015 saw more than 800 magazine media delegates from around the world connect, network and learn at FIPP World Congress. It was Canadian Magazine Week in Toronto, and Canadians were proud to host the world’s biggest magazine media conference for the first time ever.
FIPP summarized the 10 key takeaways from this year’s sessions and speakers, ranging from content trends to changing organizational culture. Plus:
- Watch the sessions
- Download speaker presentations
- Read interviews with and tips from World Congress speakers in a special edition of Magazine World
Magazine media consultant Bob Sacks has shared his Congress experience at Publishing Executive, reporting on Time Inc. CEO Joe Ripp’s keynote address about implementing change in an industry in transition, and the session with Tsuguhiko Kadokawa on his company’s merger with one of the largest online video platforms in Japan.
Mr. Magazine blogger Samir Husni has also shared his report on World Congress, posting interviews with (to date):
- Time Inc. CEO Joe Ripp: “As a platform agnostic company, Time Inc. is really heading for distribution of its content to whatever platform is available.”
- FIPP CEO Chris Llewellyn: “We are no longer defined by magazine; we’re defined by the content we create, how we create it and the audiences we reach.”
- Hearst Magazines International CEO Duncan Edwards: “The future of print is good…. And consumers have not fallen out of love with what we do and our content, but their habits of buying printed magazines have changed.”
PPA, the UK professional publishing association, summarized their Congress insights “into five major questions that publishers are attempting to answer on a global basis.”
It was a once-in-a-generation event to host the world’s magazine media in Canada, and we couldn’t have done it without our amazing organizational partners, sponsors, funders and volunteers. Thank you for being a part of World Congress 2015!
About World Congress
FIPP is the global association of the world’s magazine media—both publishers and suppliers. FIPP organizes education and events all over the world.
World Congress is the highest profile magazine media event in the world, bringing together 800 consumer and business media magazine publishers and other stakeholders from across the globe.
Visit fipp.com for more information.
Magazines Canada would like to thank our Canadian sponsors and funders, and the World Congress Beaver Lodge exhibitors.