February 5–6, 2019
Sold out! Registration closed
The Business Media Leadership Summit has grown to become the only such event of its kind in North America, attracting senior business and special interest media executives with a tailored agenda designed to keep attendees abreast of the many challenges and changes facing their operations. Since its inception in 2012, the Summit has acquired a growing following and a reputation for forward-looking learnings and networking opportunities.
2019 Business Media Leadership Summit
The Business Media Leadership Summit returns February 5–6, 2019 to the Kingbridge Conference Centre, King City, just north of Toronto.
The seventh annual Business Media Leadership Summit promises to be the most successful yet. Since the inaugural gathering in 2012, hundreds of business and special interest media executives have benefited from the teachings of recognized global experts while mixing in an exclusive, professional environment.
This highly specialized event enables the making of new connections and the re-establishment of old ones. And, a focused opportunity to benefit from a specially-built agenda.
The Summit begins with working sessions at 2:30 pm on Tuesday, February 5, 2019 followed by the keynote address, networking reception and dinner. It ends at 4:00 pm on Wednesday, February 6 after a full day of presentations.
Our keynote speaker this year is Kevin Turpin, president of the Washington, D.C.-based National Journal.
Under Kevin’s leadership, National Journal has gained an international reputation for successfully developing new and innovative revenue streams in the face of the disruption and challenges facing all publishers. Kevin will bring actionable insights into the company’s operations and evolving product offerings—as well as how meeting and overcoming challenges has become part of the corporate culture.
The 2019 Business Media Leadership Summit program includes:
- Opening Keynote Speaker Kevin Turpin, President of the Washington, D.C.-based National Journal will share his learnings in how to “embrace disruption” and build new revenue streams as traditional income sources collapsed.
- Scott Bender, Global Head of Publisher Strategy & Business Development at Prohaska Consulting speaks to “Selling Media In A Programmatic World—Understanding Trends; Generating Traction.”
- Arjun Basu, Senior Vice President, Product at Bookmark Content and Communications (formerly known as Spafax) explores taking digital contract publishing to a whole new level.
- Rob Ristagno, award-winning speaker, author and the CEO of The Sterling Woods Group, will share novel and proven sales strategies.
- Closing Keynote Speaker Bo Sacks, founder of The Precision Media Group and publisher of America’s longest-running e-newsletter, returns to share his many insights into what B2B publishers are doing right and how they can do still better.
Other planned sessions include:
- An update on the Ontario Creates magazine internship program.
- A panel discussion around new revenue ideas featuring Joyce Byrne, publisher of Avenue Calgary; Melissa Summerfield, VP at Newcom Media; and Sandra Parente, Director, Business Development, Insurance Media Group, Newcom Media.
If you have any questions about the Summit, please contact Evan Dickson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The seventh annual Business Media Leadership Summit will be a sound investment in the year ahead.
This event is made possible with the support of Ontario Creates.
Highlights of Summit keynote speakers are available:
Robert “Bo” Sacks, Owner of Precision Media Group, on The Future of the Publishing Industry in the 21st Century (2017)
Richard Willingham, President and CEO of motum b2b, on Challenges Facing B2B Marketers (2016)
Jorg Muhle, Managing Director, eMedia GmbH and Director of Sales and Strategy, heise online on The Reader First! Successful Publishing Based on Reliable Journalism (2015)
Charles McCurdy, Chairman and CEO of Apprise Media LLC on Sponsorships vs. CPM Sales for B2B Online (2010)
Jonah Bloom, Editor, Advertising Age on Strategies to Monetize Content (2009)
Watch all below.
White papers inspired by the Leadership Summits were prepared by consultants John Milne and D.B. Scott. Each white paper captures the essence of the presentations, the questions that arose and the informal discussions that made up the summit.
Read the 2017 white paper “Moving Forward from a Position of Strength”
Read the 2016 white paper “The Evolving B2B Publishing Business Model”
Read the 2015 white paper “Publishing Leadership Today for Tomorrow’s Readers”
Read the 2014 white paper “Planning for Growth Across a Turbulent Horizon”
Read the 2013 white paper “Plotting a Course across Canada’s Business Media Landscape”