Magazines Canada’s Business Media Leadership Summit is the only Canadian event for senior business media executives. Leaders from across Canada’s business media spectrum will share their experiences, learn from each other and capture the essentials required for success in today’s B2B environment, by discussing common issues and challenges, exploring partnerships and developing new business strategies.
2018 Business Media Leadership Summit
The 2018 Business Media Leadership Summit took place on January 22 and 23 at Kingbridge Conference Centre, King City, just north of Toronto.
The Summit began with working sessions on Monday, January 22 followed by the keynote address from PennWell Chief Revenue Officer Paul Andrews, networking reception and dinner. It ended on Tuesday, January 23 after a full day of presentations. Sessions included:
Monday, January 22
- Canadian B2B Advertising Research Results with Raj Kuchibhatla, President RKI Partners Inc.
- Habitat Magazine Case Study with Peter Keung, Mugo Web
- Keynote: Paul Andrews, Chief Revenue Officer of PennWell provided an inside look at the organization’s operation: revenue mix, trends, challenges, sales force structure and sales training academy.
Tuesday, January 23
- Data & Digital Revenues: Their Prospects & Forecasting with Scott Bender, Prohaska Consulting
- Revenue Panel – Top 10 Money Making Ideas from Canadian B2B Media with Joe Glionna, Newcom Business Media, Martin McAnulty, Annex Business Media and Todd Latham, Actual Media. Moderated by Scott Jamieson, Annex Business Media
- Is a Unified Audience Data Platform Within Reach for B2B Publishers? with Rob Keenan, Keenan Media LLC
- Magazines Canada’s B2B Intern Pilot Program & OMDC Grants & Applications with Sharon McAuley, Sharon McAuley Consulting and Matt Hilliard-Forde, OMDC
- Digital Contract Publishing at a Whole New Level with Arjun Basu, Bookmark Content and Communications
- The Practicalities of Working With CASL with Brinda Luckoo, Inovva and Joan Brehl, Alliance for Audited Media
- Building a Data-Driven Business with Bill Whitelaw, JWN Energy, CanOils & Evaluate Energy
If you have any questions about the Summit, please contact Jennifer Murray.
This event is made possible with the support of the Ontario Media Development Corporation.
Highlights of Summit keynote speakers are available:
Robert “Bo” Sacks, Owner of Precision Media Group, on The Future of the Publishing Industry in the 21st Century (2017)
Richard Willingham, President and CEO of motum b2b, on Challenges Facing B2B Marketers (2016)
Jorg Muhle, Managing Director, eMedia GmbH and Director of Sales and Strategy, heise online on The Reader First! Successful Publishing Based on Reliable Journalism (2015)
Charles McCurdy, Chairman and CEO of Apprise Media LLC on Sponsorships vs. CPM Sales for B2B Online (2010)
Jonah Bloom, Editor, Advertising Age on Strategies to Monetize Content (2009)
Watch all below.
White papers inspired by the Leadership Summits were prepared by consultants John Milne and D.B. Scott. Each white paper captures the essence of the presentations, the questions that arose and the informal discussions that made up the summit.