Job Title: Project Marketing Coordinator
Company: Magazines Canada
Job Type: Contract, five days per week from December to April 30, 2017, with the possibility of extension to April 2018
Application Deadline: December 20, 2016
Date Posted: December 8, 2016
Magazines Canada is looking for a contract Project Marketing Coordinator to work on the Integrated Canadian Magazine Moments Campaign, which is a national multi-channel marketing program designed to increase newsstand sales and awareness about the depth and breadth of Canadian magazines. The campaign will engage consumers through a series of short videos, print and online advertising, retail promotions and social media content.
- Manage magazine and stakeholder communications (email, websites, reporting)
- Research ideas, execute and manage social media, online campaigns and search engine marketing
- Write promotional and, informational copy for e-newsletters/blog
- Copyediting, proofing and material coordination for campaign materials
- Manage work back schedule and component grids in conjunction with Project Manager and Executive Director, Circulation Marketing
- Track and manage participant contributions for audit purposes
- Research and aid in the development of relationships with magazine industry and other cultural organizations with consumer-facing audiences
- Contribute ideas to campaign execution strategies—including design, target market and impact elements
- Review, track, display and file resource copies of member magazines
- Other ad hoc duties that may arise
The position is stationed at the office front desk and will include additional administrative duties for the organization as a whole.
- Educational background or equivalent experience in magazine marketing and social media
- Exceptional communication skills in both English and French
- Superior attention to details
- Ability to self-start and manage a diverse range of assignments with high efficiency
- Critical thinking skills to identify, analyze and evaluate problems, issues and opportunities
- Proven ability to manage a demanding workload under tight deadlines
- Resourcefulness, maturity and the ability to work within a team-oriented environment
- Proficiency in Windows, including Word, Excel, databases and the internet
- Knowledge of social media platforms their management tools and InDesign
- Ability to communicate in French, verbally and in writing would be an asset
Reporting to the Project Manager and the Executive Director, Circulation Marketing, the Contract Marketing Coordinator will work with developed strategies and coordinate the execution of project elements.
The project markets a wide array of Canadian consumer magazines to the Canadian public. We are looking for someone with magazine knowledge/experience, good communication skills, excellent attention to detail and interest/experience in marketing.
Please send your resume, with “Contract Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line,
by December 20, 2016 to email@example.com.