Job Title: Project Manager
Company: Magazines Canada
Job Type: Contract, January to April 30, 2017, with the possibility of extension to April 2018
Application Deadline: December 20, 2016
Magazines Canada is looking for a contract Project Manager to work on the Integrated Canadian Magazine Moments Campaign, which is a national multi-channel marketing program designed to increase newsstand sales and awareness about the depth and breadth of Canadian magazines. The campaign will engage consumers through a series of short videos, print and online advertising, retail promotions and social media content.
- With participation from Magazines Canada Executive Director, Circulation Marketing and the Circulation Marketing Committee, directing the strategic execution of all elements of the Integrated Canadian Magazine Moments Campaign (MMC), ensuring that the development of each activity meets the marketing, budget and business objectives of the plan
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, Circulation Marketing, direct the planning process and systems establishment with all contracted suppliers, including designer, printer, web programmer, lounge pilot, researcher, French Consultant, contest sales rep and the Marketing Coordinator
- Work with Circulation Marketing Committee to establish strategies and accepted industry practices that the campaign should follow
- Assist in the overseeing of management systems emphasizing operations and results based reporting and accountability
- Ongoing reporting, accounting and communication assistance regarding the MMC project with OMDC, DCH and all high-level stakeholders
- Provide strategic assistance to the Executive Director, Circulation Marketing and additional resources engaged
- Identify and liaise with project partners
- Assist in the advocacy of the program to industry and policy-making representatives
- Minimum 5 year experience in project management or work experience in magazine publishing and marketing
- Management experience and a desire to work in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent writing, reporting and communication skills, grant writing experience an asset
- Strong understanding of and expertise in social media and emerging digital media and SEO and analytics
- Experience in managing budgets and working with funding organizations
- Must possess strong time-management, organizational and planning skills, with a proven record of setting, meeting and enforcing deadlines and results
- Non-profit organization or association experience an asset
- Knowledge of magazine publishing and newsstand distribution an asset
- Experience in developing compelling content strategies in mobile, social and digital video preferred
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, creatively demanding work environment that requires meticulous attention to detail
Reporting to the Executive Director, Circulation Marketing, the Contract Project Manager will work to develop strategies and initiate the execution of project elements.
The project markets a wide array of Canadian consumer magazines to the Canadian public.
Please send your resume, with “Contract Project Manager” in the subject line, by December 20, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org.