Mark your calendar for April 24–25, 2019, when Canada’s largest magazine conference returns to help you develop your skills and grow your business! MagNet will be back in Toronto in April for the ultimate in magazine media networking, receptions, keynotes and sessions.
Returning in 2019
The Arts & Literary Summit returns to MagNet for a full-day event on all aspects of arts and literary magazine publishing in Canada! If you work at an arts, literary or other cultural magazine, the Summit is your opportunity to meet with peers from across the country and discuss the inner workings of cultural magazine publishing. Join us at the Summit on April 25 as part of MagNet 2019.
Find MagNet 2018 session slides and compilation videos on the MagNet site at magnet.magazinescanada.ca/multimedia! Download your favourite presentations from the 2018 conference, including:
- Linda Thomas Brooks’ session on “Magazine Media: Better. Believe It.”
- Ryan Dohrn’s sessions on “How to Get 10% More $$ from Every Advertiser” and “How to Turn Facebook’s Recent Changes into Big Ad Dollars”
- Natalie Milne’s session on “How to Tap into the Power of Influencers”
- Harold Boies’ session on “The Modernization of the Canada Periodical Fund”
- And many more!
You can also watch our Q&A round-up with 2018 speakers Yanna Wilson-Fischer, David Topping, Rania El Mugammar, Sree Sreenivasan, Lindsay Nixon and Raj Kuchibhatla.
Plus, listen to exclusive conversations with speakers in these recent episodes of our AudioMag podcast:
- Kim Pittaway on how to create your own professional strategic plan
- Jacqueline Loch on advertising partnerships and the new magazine ecosystem
- Sree Sreenivasan’s social media status report
- Richard Carmichael on magazines, SEO and the power of search
- Philip Scrutton on the resilience of magazines at retail
- David Topping on how to stop wasting your time on digital
- Stephen Kimber on making the leap from magazine writing to books