The OMDC IDM Fund is aimed at strengthening and stimulating economic growth in the interactive digital media sector. The fund provides IDM content creators with funding for high quality, original interactive digital media content projects that make a positive contribution to the Ontario economy.
The following information pertains to three programs in the fund, Concept Definition, Production and Marketing:
- Concept Definition: support for early-stage activities that will assist the applicant company in moving towards the production of a market-ready content project.
- Production: support for the creation of a market-ready content project that will be released to end users.
- Marketing: support for marketing activities that will amplify the visibility and financial viability of OMDC-funded interactive digital media projects.
- Concept Definition and Production: April 10, 2017 (by 5:00 pm ET) and August 28, 2017 (by 5:00 pm ET)
- Marketing Support – Continuous: January 31, 2018 (by 5:00 pm ET)
Information Sessions (Registration Required):
- Concept Definition and Production: March 14 and 15, 2017
- Marketing Support: March 8, 2017
Guidelines and Application Process
Complete Guidelines (including eligibility criteria) and the link to the Online Application Portal (OAP) are available online:
All applications must be submitted via the OMDC Online Application Portal (OAP).
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to attend an OMDC IDM Fund Information Session. Please complete the online registration form by 5:00 pm ET on the day prior to the Information Session. Unregistered guests will only be accepted if space permits.
Visit the OMDC website for a list of Information Session dates and times, and to register:
Note: Access to the online information session is limited. Priority will be given to persons with accessibility challenges, and registrants outside of the GTA. Online information session participants will receive an invitation via email with a link and password to login and will be able to call in via conference call during the session.
If you are interested in attending an Ontario Media Development Corporation Information Session but require it be conducted in French please send a request to email@example.com by Friday, March 3, 2017 and arrangements will be made to schedule an additional session on an alternate date.
If you are interested in attending an OMDC Information Session and have accessibility issues that need to be considered, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, please send an inquiry to email@example.com or contact:
- Kim Gibson, IDM Program Consultant, at 416.642.6651
- Chris Dunn, IDM Program Consultant, at 416.642.6687
- Matt Hilliard-Forde, Magazines Program Consultant, at 416.642.6627