Arts & Literary Magazines Summit April 28
Back by popular demand, this dynamic full-day event devoted to arts and literary magazine publishing takes place on the Friday of MagNet week, April 28, 2017.
This is an eight-hour deep dive into the inner workings of cultural magazine publishing from coast-to-coast. For those who work in the cultural magazine industry, this is your day!
Discover ideas on how to brand your editorial, connect to your subscribers and the changing grants landscape. At the Summit, you will sharpen your skills, consider new ideas, share your knowledge, get actionable advice and form practical alliances with like-minded publishers.
The Arts & Literary Magazines Summit is a complete full-day event, only available as a day pass.
Lots of Sessions for Small Mags at MagNet April 25–27
Sign up for MagNet for stimulating, relevant sessions, new perspectives and awesome networking with publishers from all walks of the biz. Here are just a few of the sessions for small magazines that will change your perspective:
- Canadian Media in a Digital Age—public policy session with Canadian Heritage
- CASL Compliance One & Two—two hands-on sessions with CASL expert Derek Lackey
- How Analytics Can Make You a Better Editor—with Chatelaine‘s Carley Fortune
- Because It’s 2017: Living Diversity at Your Magazine—a discussion with Soraya Peerbaye, Sheila Sampath, Paul Seesequasis and Milind Shirke
- Getting Big by Staying Small: Magazines, Digital & the Power of Niche—with Leah Sandals of Canadian Art
- State of the Newsstand Nation—with Carm Alfano, Anita Baldwinson, Jerry Lynch, Craig Sweetman, Dean Waldron
- Live…from Facebook—with Today’s Parent’s Sasha Emmons and FASHION‘s Noreen Flanagan
- Niche Covers that Worked and Why—with Scott Bullock, Jason Duprau, James Gillespie, Sieu Truong
- Building Your Brand on Instagram—with Ashley Cassidy Seale
- Queering the Media: The Making of a Magazine for LGBTQ+ Women—with Florence Gagnon, Marianne Gauthier, Stéphanie Verge
Early Bird Pricing Ends Today
Register for MagNet before March 27 and cash in on big savings! Change your perspective with 40 engaging and actionable sessions in all disciplines, featuring speakers from every facet of the industry. Secure your spot at Canada’s magazine conference before this early bird flies away.