Join us at DesignThinkers Toronto, Canada’s largest annual graphic design conference, connecting designers from around the world. Coordinated by RGD, the conference explores the innovations and disruptions that inform, inspire and influence design. The conference will be held October 24–25, 2019 at the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts in Toronto, Canada.
From print to digital, visual identity to brand, websites to user experiences, design has evolved as new trends, technologies and philosophies transform the wider world. DesignThinkers speakers examine and discuss the evolving role of design and how it is creating meaningful impacts for business, culture and social innovators.
There are several sessions that are of interest to those who design magazines and magazine content. One session of particular interest features Jeremy Leslie of magCulture. With 30 years in the magazine industry, Jeremy Leslie has worked as an art director, author and lecturer who specializes in editorial design. In 2006, he launched magCulture as a blog, adding a design studio in 2009 and shop in 2015. His work is fueled by the belief that editorial design is an ever-developing discipline that continually adapts to new technologies and circumstances.
Other confirmed speakers include:
- Sagi Haviv, Partner at Chermayeff & Geismar & Haviv
- Veronica Fuerte, Founder & CD of Hey Studio
- Liza Enebeis & Merijin van Velsen, CDs at Studio Dumbar
- Natasha Jen, Partner at Pentagram
- Hamish Smyth & Jesse Reed, Partners at Order
- Tina Roth Eisenberg, Founder / CEO of CreativeMornings
- Adam J. Kurtz, Artist & Author
- Maria Giudice, CEO & Founder of Hot Studio
- Josh Silverman, Designer, Entrepreneur, Educator
- Rebeca Méndez, Professor at UCLA Design, Principal at Rebeca Méndez Studio
- Jason Pamental, Typographer, Web Designer & Author
In addition to hearing from this amazing line up, attendees will have the opportunity to enjoy a design marketplace, book signings, giveaways, and opportunities to network with top design professionals from around the world.
Be sure to take advantage of the early bird pricing before October 7, 2019. The final day to register online is October 21, 2019.
Magazine Canada members also have access to 15% off registration fees. Please contact us for the promo code. For more information about the conference and to register, visit designthinkers.com/toronto.